COMTO’s Careers In Transportation for Youth (CITY) Internship Program provides minority college students with a unique opportunity to gain professional and practical experience in the transportation industry. Designed by industry professionals, the CITY Internship program seeks to prepare the best and brightest youth to become leaders, decision makers, and change agents in the transportation industry.
The CITY Internship Program is a 10-week paid internship open to rising college juniors, seniors, and first year graduate students from all academic disciplines. The program is designed to develop interns' professional and teamwork skills, and provide opportunities for leadership and decision-making. Interns are paired with a local COMTO mentor, and placed at a public agency or private company doing business in transportation where they will explore a variety of transportation-related career opportunities. Interns will also attend COMTO's National Meeting and Training Conference for an intensive leadership training seminar in July.
- COMTO membership
- Training and mentorship by an exclusive network of high-level transportation industry professionals
- 36-40 hours per week work schedules
- Bi-weekly stipend | $15.00 per hour
- Participation at COMTO's National Meeting & Training Conference
- Interns will be placed at public agencies or private businesses located in/near a city of a COMTO Chapter office.
- Applicants will be notified of the placement agency or company if selected for an interview.
- Click here to view former public and private sector internship placements
- Internship Partners
- Current & Former Interns
- 2018 timeline & Application
- Applicant Eligibility
CLICK HERE to view CITY Intern program flyer and for more details about the internship program.
View Class of 2017