SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM INFORMATION
COMTO Washington State will award up to 15 scholarships to students who express an interest in pursuing college studies in a transportation-related field. The scholarship award may be used for tuition.
Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited college/university/vocational-technical institution in the fall of the application year and major in the following or related disciplines:
Archaeology and/or Cultural Resources Architecture Aviation Civil, Chemical, Structural, Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering Environmental Engineering Computer Science Construction Engineering Technology Construction and/or Construction Management Environmental Science and related Studies Geology and/or Geotechnical Engineering Political Science Program Management Procurement and Contracts Project Controls Project Management Public Information and Outreach Programs Security Systems Transportation Management Transportation Planning Urban Planning Vehicle Design and Maintenance Construction Computer Aided Design (CAD) Heating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Electrical Electronics Hydraulics and/or Elevator Mechanics Diesel Mechanics.
Scholarship Award Process
COMTO Washington will award a check for the scholarship amount made payable to the institution in which the student will be attending. The recipient must provide COMTO with a copy of his/her college enrollment registration along with the address of the schools financial aid officer prior to the check being mailed to the institution. The student must provide his/her student account number with this information. The scholarship grant must be used during the current academic year or any remaining funds will be forfeited.
Eligible applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited college/university/vocational-technical institution in the fall of the award year.
- Applicant is a graduating high school senior entering a regionally accredited college, university or vocational school who graduates from a state-approved high school or GED program in the calendar year in which desired scholarships are presented.
- Currently enrolled in accredited institution, in good standing, and maintaining at least a 2.7 cumulative grade point average through the academic award year.
- Complete the full COMTO Washington application process within the designated deadline.
- A Washington State resident.
- A U.S. Citizen, VISA or green card holder currently authorized to attend college in the United States.
- Submit fully completed application form with the accompanying documentation must be mailed to COMTO Washington by stated deadline.
Scholarships are competitive and based on the applicant's academic record, specific transportation goals, and transportation-related activities or job skills.